Aside

Familiar
fa·mil·iar
1. well known from long or close association.
“their faces will be familiar to many of you”
2. in close friendship; intimate.
“she had not realized they were on such familiar terms
Go..
Many things can be familiar to us.  We have a friends and experiences from the past and current.  With social media as it is, we are able to see friends from the past and they are familiar.  We remember them as they were when we were young but now they have children and grandchildren. We can stay familiar through media.  We’re able to stay connected.
Families a lot of the time live apart.  As mine does, I only have a few close in my area.  But I’m able to stay familiar with how their families are doing and growing.  The new experiences they are having.  The joys they are blessed with and the trials they are going through.  We’re able to stay connected.
Where feelings and emotions are concerned, being familiar, is valuable.  I may not be familiar with the individual but I can connect with that person because of my “familiarity” with their feelings or emotions.  I find my ability to connect to others through our “familiar” feelings as a great blessing.  We’re able to connect.
Stop…    FMF post

1 Peter 4:12-13

Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery trial when it comes upon you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice insofar as you share Christ’s sufferings, that you may also rejoice and be glad when his glory is revealed.

Lord, I rejoice in You!  I am thankful and grateful for the love that You continually show to me.  I ask You to help be stay strong in my faith and not to sink into pits of sorrow.  I know that I am well blessed.  I ask You to help me be intentional in staying connected.  Help me to remember the importance of sharing life with those I am “familiar” with. I praise You always. Amen!

SIGNATURE

Post navigation

One thought on “Familiar

1. November 25, 2017 at 9:54 am

Visiting as your FMF neighbor. Good take on the word.

• November 25, 2017 at 5:54 pm

Thank you for reading my post. I have to keep it simple.

Rhonda

• November 26, 2017 at 8:04 am

I try to keep it simple as well, just reflect a long life. Have a blessed Christmas season

2. November 26, 2017 at 12:24 am

I really like this, Rhonda; the familiarity we can choose to keep with those whose lives may diverge from ours can be so important!

#1 at FMF this week.

• November 26, 2017 at 7:39 am

Thank you for reading my post. It’s always such a blessing to me to be able to connect with those that in the “normal” world I may not. If I never connect , I have no chance in sharing Jesus with them. Thanks again for the encouragement.

3. November 26, 2017 at 12:58 pm

That’s one thing I love about social media–I am able to find others who have experienced familiar trials and troubles and to lend them support!