Besides the fact that I’m a dark choc-0-holic!
- Don’t worry what the neighbors think. – So many times we live our lives worrying about what everyone else thinks. Each decision we make is filtered through that thought. And because of that we make the wrong decision alot! There is only 1 that we should care about and that is GOD .
Proverbs 29:25 Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord is kept safe. and Psalm 118:8 It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in humans.
- What are you waiting for? – Am I just stubborn? Does my pride get in my way? Do I just have to prove something? Why can’t I simply turn it over to HIM? Let it go! I’ll be so much better off!
Proverbs 11:2 When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with the humble is wisdom. and Ephesians 4:31-32 Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.
- Stay up past your bedtime. – There is always a time for rest but making time for others might just cost me some time. If I don’t have to stay up past my bedtime, I may be too busy other times to meet the needs of others.
Galatians 6:2 Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ. and Matthew 11:28-30 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” and Exodus 33:14 And he said, “My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.
- Because you can. – “He is calling me” , is He calling you? God made us special and he gave us very special gifts. Gifts of all shapes and sizes. And each gift as important and useful and needed as the next. So, I remind myself when I’m feeling not quiet good enough or equipped enough that Jesus tells me Go for it because you can.
1 Peter 4:10 As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God’s varied grace: and 1 Corinthians 12:7-11 To each is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good. For to one is given through the Spirit the utterance of wisdom, and to another the utterance of knowledge according to the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by the one Spirit, to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another the ability to distinguish between spirits, to another various kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. All these are empowered by one and the same Spirit, who apportions to each one individually as he wills. and Psalm 119:105 Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.
- Leave your phone behind. – In the world of technology, I’m the 1st to say, “I LOVE GADGETS”, the most updated with the coolest features. But sometimes gadgets can keep up from relationships. Sometimes we just need to “Leave the phone behind”.
Romans 12:10 Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor. and Ephesians 4:2-3 Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.
- Share something offline. – Face to face, there is nothing better. All the phone calls, texting, emails, Yes they’re quick and easy but they are also very impersonal. They can also be a source of hard feelings. It’s hard to know exactly had one is feeling by the words they type. If you can’t see their face, you may just misunderstand their words. So take some time to SHARE OFFLINE and FACE TO FACE. Nothing will ever beat it!
1 Corinthians 13:12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. and Hebrews 10:25 Not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.
- Give them something to talk about. – Well people talk so give them something to talk about………..GOD! Share his word, share his love, share his promises, share his forgiveness and share his joy. If they got to talk, it needs to be about HIM.
Matthew 28:19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and 2 Corinthians 2:14 But thanks be to God, who in Christ always leads us in triumphal procession, and through us spreads the fragrance of the knowledge of him everywhere.
- Don’t worry what the neighbors think. – As long as we trust God and trust in His Son…….Nothing else matters.
1 Corinthians 11:1-2 Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ. Now I commend you because you remember me in everything and maintain the traditions even as I delivered them to you. and 1 Peter 2:21 For to this you have been called, because Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example, so that you might follow in his steps.
- Don’t worry what the neighbors think. – They will make every attempt to stump you up, take you off track and confuse the truth! God’s truth! When others say things that you question for truth, there is 1 place to go. The Bible! God’s word will always be your truth.
John 14:6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. and John 8:32 And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” and Ephesians 6:14 Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness,
And “To have JOY one must share it!
You God are my only truth. The ONE I can trust always to show me a path that is good. The ONE that only knows what is best for me. I’m grateful! Amen