2 Timothy 1:8
So do not be ashamed of the testimony about our Lord or of me his prisoner. Rather, join with me in suffering for the gospel, by the power of God.
Come and hear, all you who fear God, and I will tell what he has done for my soul.
I had the privilege to witness a testimony the other week from a young man that started out by saying, “I’m saved by Grace”. What a wonderful way to start out a HARD story. Even though all of our stories look different, they are stories of victories, hardship, rejoicing, heart ache, happiness, sorrow, love and hate. Different but we can all relate in some manner. For such a young man, you could literally see the clarity in his heart that he knew who his savior was. It was such a sweet/peace filled place to watch. He was so filled with the love of Christ that he had trouble keeping it in and he made some really insightful statements…….
1. Even in the hard times there is hope for transformation
2. We want to go in our own direction, after what we think is “all that” , talking to God, saying “Come over here Lord help me here” when all the while we should have been going to where God was and asking Him “where do you want me to go?”.
3. He read Phil 2:13 for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose and then he shortened it to to say for it is God who will fulfill His good purpose……….not me!
4. He remembers God saying to him, “Put all that energy in to me!
5. Now He has given me the OPPORTUNITY to be OBEDIENT
How marvelous are these few little statements?
I have been blessed with the opportunity to give my testimony several times and I can tell you, it’s not easy but God doesn’t always call us to do the EASY! But it’s worth it. The freedom / the release that it provides is mind blowing! It was said in church this morning, “When Jesus shows up He will blow up any man made rules and walls” and “when He shows up in your story BIG things happen”. God has given us a tool (our testimony) to share with others so they will see that there is hope on the other side and to bring them closer to Him. So if you have a chance, take the