Aside

#fmf

In today’s world it seems that loving someone is directly linked to agreeing with them.  If we can’t agree then we can’t love.  But that is not how God intended.  God welcomes us, me and you, and we are to not pass judgement, for we will all individually stand before the One God on our own, as it says in Romans 14:1-23.

We must have our own faith with our own seeking learn what He is teaching us.  We are not to take the word of another human but find the truth for ourselves.

Colossians 2:8

See to it that no one takes you captive by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits of the world, and not according to Christ.

John 8:32

And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

With Social media and news streams coming at us from every direction, it can be difficult to decipher what is truth.  That is because with today’s social media and news streams truth is skewed by humanity.   There is only one real truth and that is from God.

I can love my neighbor, I can love my family, I can love my coworkers and I can love my church family but we may not always AGREE on every detail.  God works on us all individually and we are all in different places in our faith walk, so to expect everyone to AGREE with me is impossible and unrealistic.  But we can All Agree to Love.

SIGNATUREbiblegateway-com-logo_orig

One thought on “Agree

1. February 2, 2018 at 11:45 am

Good words, Rhonda. We’re in agreement that we will not always agree! Visiting you from Five Minute Friday.

2. Blogger Loves The King
    February 2, 2018 at 11:47 am

I agree with you we are all in different place in our faith walk. Great post today.

3. February 2, 2018 at 6:39 pm

Great post, Rhonda Yes, it’s okay to disagree. We need to choose love over being right, don’t we?

• February 5, 2018 at 5:25 am

Thanks for reading my post. I lived a life for many years thinking I had to be right and it definitely overshadowed my love. I’m grateful God has shown me a better way. Thanks for the encouragement.

Liked by 1 person

4. February 3, 2018 at 4:31 pm

Certainly we must be able to disagree – and still love! I pray that is true in my life!

• February 5, 2018 at 5:24 am

If we could all love before our other actions, life would be sweet. Thanks for your encouragement.

5. February 3, 2018 at 6:29 pm

Perfectly stated. I wrote about social media being the “sweet taste of honey” we are told about in Proverbs. I agree. And I love your statement: We must have our own faith with our own seeking learn what He is teaching us.
    Let’s learn the truth from God and not others. Let’s read His Word.
    Blessings
    Janis
    #FMF 46

• February 5, 2018 at 5:23 am

Thanks for your encouragement! Everyday walking beside Him to find my way.

6. February 4, 2018 at 3:40 pm

Yes, we can all agree to love! Love covers all. Blessings to you! I found you on the Five Minute Friday facebook page. 🙂

• February 5, 2018 at 5:21 am

Thanks for reading my post. God’s words soothe my soul. I appreciate your encouragement.

Liked by 1 person